Happiness keeps us sweet, trials keep us strong. Sorrows keep us human. Failures keep us humble. Success keeps us growing, but ONLY God keeps us going.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rejuvenated!

All stretched out and peacefully asleep

These past few days have been like a breath of fresh air.  Thursday we received a stack of gift cards from family and friends.  Not having to worry about cooking for the family each night is such a weight lifted.  Friday a dear sweet friend of mine came over and prepared us a roast in the crock-pot while our girls played and we had coffee and "mommy time" it was fabulous!! 

Saturday was Chris' birthday and aside from the obvious reason for a night out, we also just needed a date!  We have been through so much as a young couple.  Our foundation of marriage is such a strong one because of our Lord Jesus Christ and the amount of work we put into it daily!  It takes constant work and love but most importantly, respect.  We have not had time for each other in the past months, so we decided we needed this night alone.  I called upon Josiah's nurse.  She has cared for him in the hospital and also works for the home health company.  Building a great relationship with her and her mother (also a R.N.) I knew if I could trust anyone with our children, it would be one of them!  I am so thankful that God put the two of them in our path during this season.  They have touched our lives.  So mommy and daddy were able to get out for a couple hours and enjoy a stress free dinner.  Knowing Josiah was with the only other person that knew more about his medical needs than I, it enabled us to relax and enjoy each other.

Today we were finally able to get to church.  I was definitely feeling the need for my spiritual tank to be replenished!  It was so wonderful seeing our friends and hearing the Word.  Emily has really been missing her Sunday School classmates too.  Looking forward to tomorrow, a cleaning service is coming to tidy up our lovely abode, free of charge!  A person who wishes to remain anonymous, has hired out her cleaning lady to come take care of things here.  When I got this informative phone call I honestly felt like I had won the lottery.  I do not know the individual who felt led to do this but they must know how obsessive I am over a clean house.  I am so grateful to them and I hope they know that.

I am truly amazed, touched, inspired, and appreciative of all the acts of kindness.  Rather from the closest family member or from someone I do not even know! We have had such an abundance of sweet cards, gifts, meals, gift cards, prayers...and LOVE!  I have enjoyed hearing that 'we' have been an inspiration to someone else!  I often think, "I am just some small shy person in this world, how will I ever be an inspiration?"  Now I see that, yes I am a small person but my God is SO BIG, so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do! :-)  Emily helps me remember that, often.

As far as Josiah's journey, he is really taking a turn for the best.  Although he is still not wanting to bottle feed, he is tolerating the feeds going straight through the tube.  I will not push the little guy, he has always been the one to call the shots.  From a tough pregnancy and long labor; to not breathing or eating on his own, Strong Man does things at his pace and no one can force him to do what he is not ready to do.

Until next time, continue to pray and know that we are beyond gracious and accepting of the love we have received. Thank you, to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment